During the early years of my fabric flower making, I accepted a project that I thought I cannot do successfully. I accepted a made-to-order job for the first time. This client, who is a regular now, specifically wanted a flower made of organza fabric.
For me, organza is one of the most difficult fabrics to work with. It's very delicate and easily burns. So if you're not good at controlling the fire during the burning process, you'll end up a lot of pieces with a big burnt hole. And that's not good.
Armed with white organza fabric, I made a few samples for the client and agreed with a chosen design. From there, I made a few tweaks on the pattern from the original sample I did - and that's what I used for production.
Thankfully, the client liked what I did. I made 86 pcs. and it's overwhelming to see these flowers - I never thought I could finish that much! And what's nice about this, is these babies are now in Australia! The client used them for an invitation card bound to Australia. So you couldn't imagine how happy I am when I heard about it. Very worth it!
And of course, it didn't stop there. I already made more in different colors - yellow, black, pink, green, light blue.
If you're wondering what name I gave for this collection, that would be Morning Star - the definition of my client's name.